manumission sentence in Hindi"manumission" meaning in Hindi manumission in a sentence
- The word " manumission " means the freeing of a slave.
- Thus he felt it was a very weak form of manumission.
- Most southern states tightened restrictions on manumission, effectively ending it.
- Enslaved Africans became more difficult to hold as manumission became a certainty.
- Firstly, manumission may present itself as a sentimental and benevolent gesture.
- As a result, manumissions decreased dramatically in the South.
- This sharply reduced the rate of manumissions in the state.
- He was still technically a slave, but he quickly obtained manumission.
- Several southern states, including Virginia in 1782, made manumissions easier.
- Manumission of a slave was encouraged as a way of expiating sins.