dissimilation meaning in Hindidissimilation sentence in Hindi
- Some forms do not match their modern equivalents due to dissimilation.
- Consonant cluster simplification in Russian includes degemination, syncope, dissimilation, and weak vowel insertion.
- Some of the immigrants chose to stick to the strategy of dissimilation, keeping the originating culture and rejecting the absorbing culture.
- The mutation from r > n would be a not unexpected dissimilation . talk ) 02 : 24, 4 June 2013 ( UTC)
- The development of Old Norse into local dialects and the dissimilation of customs due to isolation added an ethnic flavor to the area, which is cherished today.
- It is suggested that the final / n / of this form changed to / l / by dissimilation from the previous nasal consonant, " ?".
- If Ohala is correct, one might expect to find dissimilation in other languages with other sounds that frequently cause long-distance effects, such as nasalization and pharyngealization.
- An example where a relatively old case of phonetic dissimilation has been artificially undone in the spelling is English " colonel ", whose standard pronunciation is / kYrnYl / in English.
- See Dissimilation, Epenthesis ( consonant clusters can be difficult to say ), and Reduplication all of which have elements relating to ease of articulation that can be used to construct tongue twisters.
- It was formerly spelt " coronel " and is a borrowing from French " coronnel ", which arose as a result of dissimilation from Italian " colonnello ".
- breakdown in living organisms of more complex substances into simpler ones together with release of energy
- a linguistic process by which one of two similar sounds in a word becomes less like the other; "the Old French MARBRE became the English MARBLE by dissimilation"