zechstein meaning in Hindi
download Hindlish App, translate anytime
- Outcropping Zechstein rocks are limited to the edges of basement uplifts.
- The Magnesian Limestone is now incorporated within the Zechstein Group.
- NAM found the Netherlands'first gas in Zechstein carbonates at Coevorden in 1948.
- This Zechstein stage also comprises dolomites and limestones.
- Later, during the Zechstein and Muschelkalk the region was largely flooded by the sea.
- The Capitanian stage was part of the time in which the Zechstein was deposited in Europe.
- During the Zechstein the sea ingressed from the Arctic Ocean to the north into the basin.
- Furthermore, in the south near Heidelberg, there is still zechstein under the Early Triassic deposits.
- It is the type locality for the Raisby Formation, a carbonate unit of the English Zechstein sequence.
- In Dutch lithostratigraphy, the Rotliegend lies on top of the late Carboniferous Limburg Group and below the Zechstein Group.