velamen sentence in Hindi"velamen" meaning in Hindi
- epidermis, called velamen, has the function to absorb humidity.
- The velamen arises from the root tip by division of a special tissue.
- The roots are covered by velamen.
- In some orchids, the velamen includes spongy and fibrous bodies near the passage cells, called tilosomes.
- Upon absorbing water, the dead cells become transparent, and the whole velamen tissue then appears green.
- Orchids with velamen, a layer of cells covering the roots that helps prevent moisture loss, require a long, heavy drink.
- The dead cells of velamen diffuse light, thus giving it a grey appearance except at the tips, where the chlorophyll become visible.
- Once reaching and touching a surface the Velamen is not produced in the contact area, allowing the root to absorb water like terrestrial roots.
- The exodermis is surrounded by velamen, consisting of one to several layers of cells, which can develop root hair under proper environmental conditions.
- The roots of all " Prosthechea " species possess a velamen ( a thick sponge-like covering ) differentiated into epivelamen and endovelamen.