faldstool meaning in Hindifaldstool sentence in Hindi
• बिशप कुर्सी
- Other prelates may be granted the use of a faldstool during services, with certain limitations.
- In the Anglican Church, a faldstool is a desk at which a litany is recited.
- After being anointed, the monarch rises from the Coronation Chair and kneels down at a faldstool placed in front of it.
- The faldstool may be covered with silk cloth in red, green or violet, depending upon the liturgical season or the rank of the prelate.
- Leather was not infrequently used even for the costly and elaborate chairs of the faldstool form occasionally sheathed in thin plates of silver which Venice sent all over Europe.
- It is of cast bronze, sharpened with the chisel and partially gilt; it is of the curule or faldstool type and supported upon legs terminating in the heads and feet of animals.
- Its age has been much discussed, but Viollet-le-Duc dated it to early Merovingian times, and it may in any case be taken as the oldest faldstool in existence.
- She then went to the Faldstool, which had been placed before the altar, where she knelt under a canopy, which was held by the Duchesses of Norfolk, Rutland, Roxburghe.
- On the altar above the crypt where O'Connor was entombed after his death on May 3 at age 80, the archbishop-elect sat on a faldstool, used by a bishop in a church not ( or in this case not yet ) his own.
- The senior deacon, who wore a mitre, sat on a faldstool before the altar and facing the throne; the apostolic subdeacon, together with the Greek ministers, sat on the steps of the altar; while the assistant bishop and the two assistant deacons remained near the throne.