durwan meaning in Hindidurwan sentence in Hindi
- Note that'durwan'means housekeeper in both Bengali and Hindi.
- The short story concludes as the residents throw out Boori Ma s belongings and begin a search for a'real durwan '.
- Boori Ma is a feeble 64-year-old woman from Calcutta who is the stairsweeper, or durwan, of an old brick building.
- The entrance of the campus is marked with a small guard house on the left . On the wall of the guard room is a plaque dedicated to durwan ( guard ) Ram Eqbal Singh, who died defending the institute from the rioters.
- In this story, Ms . Lahiri relies far too much on coincidence to propel her characters'lives forward, and two of the stories set in India ( " A Real Durwan " and " The Treatment of Bibi Haldar " ) also suffer from a certain folk-tale contrivance that results in overly neat, moralistic endings.