bertrandite meaning in Hindi
download Hindlish App, translate anytime
- Bertrandite often occurs as a pseudomorphic replacement of beryl.
- It occurs with zircon, ilmenorutile, fluorite, phenakite, scheelite, bertrandite, albite, microcline and quartz.
- Industrially, it is produced as a by-product in the extraction of beryllium metal from the ores beryl and bertrandite.
- The two main ores of beryllium, beryl and bertrandite, are found in Argentina, Brazil, India, Madagascar, Russia and the United States.
- The name " Bertrand lens " commemorates French mineralogist Emile Bertrand ( 1844-1909 ), for whom the mineral Bertrandite is also named.
- The first description of bityite was by Lacroix in 1908 . and further occurrences have been found from the Middle albitic plagioclase, muscovite and tourmaline; the pseudomorphs filled with bityite have been found to contain amounts of fluorite, bertrandite, fluorapatite, quartz and beryl.