actant meaning in Hindiactant sentence in Hindi
- The concept of actant is important in structuralism of narratology to regard each situation as the minimum independent unit of story.
- In narrative theory, "'actant "'is a term from the actantial model of semiotic analysis of narratives.
- Greimas took the term " actant " from linguist Lucien Tesni�re, which coined in his discussion of the grammar of noun phrases.
- However, the same character can simultaneously have a different actant ( or way of concern ) in regard to a different sequence of action, event or episode in the story.
- An actant can also be described as a binary opposition pairing, such as a hero paired with a villain, a dragon paired with a dragon slaying sword, a helper paired with an opponent.
- In sociology, the semiotic term " actant " was incorporated into the actor-network theory by Bruno Latour and Michel Callon, the activity of which is described as " mediation " or " translation ".