thriftless meaning in Hindi
download Hindlish App, translate anytime
- An article in " The Chicago Herald " in 1895 described Augustus as " . . . inert, indifferent and thriftless.
- It describes the farmer Bathsheba Everdene, her life and relationships-especially with her lonely neighbour William Boldwood, the faithful shepherd Gabriel Oak, and the thriftless soldier Sergeant Troy.
- It will be remembered too that the thriftless ne'er-do-well of " A Rake's Progress " inherited his money from a miserly father.
- The thriftless Sinhalese petty-trader and the improvident garden cultivator were disposed to overlook the Moorman s sharp, bargain-making proclivities so long as the former realized that there was something to be gained by such forbearance on their part.
- Thomas Nelson Page lamented that the slavery-era " good old darkies " had been replaced by the " new issue " ( blacks born after slavery ) whom he described as " lazy, thriftless, intemperate, insolent, dishonest, and without the most rudimentary elements of morality " ( pp . 80, 163 ).
- He believed that " the typical African . . . is a happy, thriftless, excitable person, lacking in self control, discipline and foresight, naturally courageous, courteous and polite, full of personal vanity, with little of veracity; in brief, the virtues and defects of this race-type are those of attractive children ."
- careless of the future