strike meaning in Hindi
[ straik ] sound:
• हवाई हमला
• आकस्मिक खोज
• अनुदैर्घ्य दिशा
• आघात करना
• आपात करना
• विखंडित करना
• विमान डेक स्थित आघात
• हडताल करना
• दंग रहना
• ठप्पा लगाना
• हड़ताल पर चला जाना
• प्रभाव करना
• काम छोड़ना
• प्रभावित करना
• खोज निकालना
• आक्रमण करना
• प्रभावित होना
• पता लगाना
• से टकराना
• दण्ड देना
• ज़ोर से मारना
• प्रहार करना
• अचानक मारना
• घूंसा मारना
• सिक्के डालना
• गिरा देना
• पर टनटनाना
• दे मारना
• अचानक मन में आना
• अंकित करना
• अचानक हमला करना
• पर गिरना
• काट देना
• अचानक घटित होना
• मन में आना
• हड़ताल करना
• अचानक मन् में आना
download Hindlish App, translate anytime
- One striking recent case that we've investigated
हाल ही में एक चौंका देने वाले मामले की हमनें जांच की
- But, lightning struck rather slowly in our country in those days,
हमारे देश में तब बिजली(ligthning) भी धीरे ही गिरती थी.
- What struck me was this: She had felt sorry for me
और मुझे उससे मिलकर ऐसा लगा जैसे मुझसे मिलने के पहले ही
- In the process he manages to strike a new romantic attitude .
इसी दौरान वह अपने में एक नया रोमानी बदलाव पाता है .
- It never struck me before I met you .
तुमसे मिलने से पहले मैंने कभी इस सम्बन्ध में नहीं सोचा था ।
- He looked round before striking a match .
दियासलाई जलाने से पहले उसने अपने चारों ओर देखा ।
- This is India, and of course it's all the more striking
यह है भारत, और बेशक इससे भी ज्यादा अचंभित करने वाला है
- I like hearing that clock strike .
घड़ी जब घण्टे बजाती है तो मुझे बहुत अच्छा लगता है …
- Roy was more free to strike out his own path .
राय अपना मार्ग चुनने के लिए अधिक स्वतंत्र थे .
- Behind the strike there must be a strong organization and public opinion .
हड़ताल के पीछे मजबूत संगठन और जनमत होना चाहिए .
- a conspicuous success; "that song was his first hit and marked the beginning of his career"; "that new Broadway show is a real smasher"; "the party went with a bang"
synonyms：hit, smash, smasher, bang
- (baseball) a pitch that the batter swings at and misses, or that the batter hits into foul territory, or that the batter does not swing at but the umpire judges to be in the area over home plate and between the batter''s knees and shoulders; "this pitcher throws more strikes than balls"
- a score in tenpins: knocking down all ten with the first ball; "he finished with three strikes in the tenth frame"
- an attack that is intended to seize or inflict damage on or destroy an objective; "the strike was scheduled to begin at dawn"
- a group''s refusal to work in protest against low pay or bad work conditions; "the strike lasted more than a month before it was settled"
- a gentle blow
- cause to form (an electric arc) between electrodes of an arc lamp; "strike an arc"
- arrive at after reckoning, deliberating, and weighing; "strike a balance"; "strike a bargain"
- indicate (a certain time) by striking; "The clock struck midnight"; "Just when I entered, the clock struck"
- make a strategic, offensive, assault against an enemy, opponent, or a target; "The Germans struck Poland on Sept. 1, 1939"; "We must strike the enemy''s oil fields"; "in the fifth inning, the Giants struck, sending three runners home to win the game 5 to 2"
- affect or afflict suddenly, usually adversely; "We were hit by really bad weather"; "He was stricken with cancer when he was still a teenager"; "The earthquake struck at midnight"
- produce by manipulating keys or strings of musical instruments, also metaphorically; "The pianist strikes a middle C"; "strike `z'' on the keyboard"; "her comments struck a sour note"
- pierce with force; "The bullet struck her thigh"; "The icy wind struck through our coats"
- hit against; come into sudden contact with; "The car hit a tree"; "He struck the table with his elbow"
synonyms：hit, impinge on, run into, collide with
- smooth with a strickle; "strickle the grain in the measure"
- deliver a sharp blow, as with the hand, fist, or weapon; "The teacher struck the child"; "the opponent refused to strike"; "The boxer struck the attacker dead"
- remove by erasing or crossing out or as if by drawing a line; "Please strike this remark from the record"; "scratch that remark"
synonyms：scratch, expunge, excise
- form by stamping, punching, or printing; "strike coins"; "strike a medal"
- produce by ignition or a blow; "strike fire from the flintstone"; "strike a match"
- have an emotional or cognitive impact upon; "This child impressed me as unusually mature"; "This behavior struck me as odd"
synonyms：affect, impress, move
- occupy or take on; "He assumes the lotus position"; "She took her seat on the stage"; "We took our seats in the orchestra"; "She took up her position behind the tree"; "strike a pose"
synonyms：assume, take, take up
- drive something violently into a location; "he hit his fist on the table"; "she struck her head on the low ceiling"
- cause to experience suddenly; "Panic struck me"; "An interesting idea hit her"; "A thought came to me"; "The thought struck terror in our minds"; "They were struck with fear"
synonyms：hit, come to
- find unexpectedly; "the archeologists chanced upon an old tomb"; "she struck a goldmine"; "The hikers finally struck the main path to the lake"
synonyms：fall upon, come upon, light upon, chance upon, come across, chance on, happen upon, attain, discover
- stop work in order to press demands; "The auto workers are striking for higher wages"; "The employees walked out when their demand for better benefits was not met"
- attain; "The horse finally struck a pace"
- touch or seem as if touching visually or audibly; "Light fell on her face"; "The sun shone on the fields"; "The light struck the golden necklace"; "A strange sound struck my ears"