orifice plate sentence in Hindi"orifice plate" meaning in Hindi orifice plate in a sentence
- Under choked conditions, valves and calibrated orifice plates can be used to produce a desired mass flow rate.
- Some of these reservoirs are constructed across the river line, with the onward flow controlled by an orifice plate.
- Orifice plates are also used to reduce pressure or restrict flow, in which case they are often called restriction plates.
- The most common method of measuring gas flow is via differential pressure across an orifice plate inserted into a flow metering pipe.
- For example, in the case of an orifice flow meter, the differential pressure across the orifice plate is the primary flow element.
- Orifice plates as flow meters typically have a 5 to 1 speed range, while turbine meters may have up to 100 to 1 range.
- A venturi meter is more efficient, but usually more expensive and less accurate ( unless calibrated in a laboratory ) than an orifice plate.
- Orifice plates are small and inexpensive but do not recover the pressure drop as well as a venturi, nozzle, or venturi-nozzle does.
- However a newer V-Cone technology ( the inverse of orifice plate technology ) is being used to more accurately meter gas that contains some liquids.
- There are several situations in which choked flow occurs, such as the change of cross section in a de Laval nozzle or flow through an orifice plate.