oiled silk sentence in Hindi"oiled silk" meaning in Hindi
- 1702-1714 _ During the reign of Queen Anne, British umbrella-makers begin fashioning canopies of oiled silk, but these umbrellas stick badly.
- Before Dacron, Spectra, and Kevlar were available, high performance box kites used oiled silk, linen or hemp sails, and were flown with steel cable.
- The letters were first covered with oiled silk so they wouldn t be damaged by water or sweat and then placed into the " cantinas ", which were then locked.
- Meanwhile, Harvey Nichols advertised in " Vogue " " Especially designed gas protection costumes . . . in oiled silk and available in dawn apricot, amethyst, eau-de-nil and rose pink ".
- At the edge of the quarter, in " Vicolo degli ombrellari ", a small lane near Borgo Pio, were the shops of the Roman umbrella makers, gathered there because of the bad smell coming from the oiled silk.
- The transition to the present portable form is due, partly, to the substitution of silk and gingham for the heavy and troublesome oiled silk, which admitted of the ribs and frames being made much lighter, and also to many ingenious mechanical improvements in the framework.
- The development of AC-operated domestic radio receivers in the late 1920s created a demand for large-capacitance ( for the time ) and high-voltage capacitors for the valve amplifier technique, typically at least 4 microfarads and rated at around 500 volts DC . Waxed paper and oiled silk film capacitors were available, but devices with that order of capacitance and voltage rating were bulky and prohibitively expensive.