kedge anchor sentence in Hindi"kedge anchor" meaning in Hindi
- Macdonough hauled in further on his kedge anchors to bring his broadside to bear on HMS " Linnet ".
- Macdonough ordered the bow anchor cut, and hauled in the kedge anchors he had laid out earlier to spin " Saratoga " around.
- As Master Commandant MacDonough awaited the arrival of the enemy, he dropped kedge anchors and arranged spring lines, which afforded his ships maximum maneuverability.
- Gale passed the test, and Wilkes presented papers to the crew along with a compass, kedge anchor, log line, two log glasses, and an American flag.
- At this critical moment, Macdonough ordered the bow anchor cut, and he hauled in the kedge anchors he had laid out earlier to spin " Saratoga " around.
- After initial attempts to get the ship off the rock failed, her crew began off-loading supplies and set kedge anchors to stabilize the cruiser and prevent further damage to her bottom.
- The lifeboat, which had hung about all the time, also to a kedge anchor some hundred yards from the ship, kept a cable drawn taut to keep the ship steady when the tide rose.
- Macdonough simply hauled in further on his kedge anchors to bring his broadside to bear on the " Linnet ", which also could only surrender, after being pummeled almost to the point of sinking.
- He had rigged a kedge anchor to " Hawk " s bowsprit so as he came up along " Pigot " he was able to tear open the anti-boarding nets she had rigged.
- One of the crucial uses for such a vessel was that of'kedging'where a kedge anchor would be rowed ahead, dropped and for the ship to be then drawn-or warped-ahead by winding the capstan.