hadendoa sentence in Hindi"hadendoa" meaning in Hindi
- Many of its inhabitants are from the Hadendoa group, with others being of Rashaida origin.
- The Hadendoa were traditionally a pastoral people, ruled by a Hereditary Chief, called a Ma'ahes.
- After the reconquest of the Egyptian Sudan ( 1896 98 ), the Hadendoa accepted the new order without demur.
- In World War II, the Hadendoa allied themselves with the British against the Italians who were in turn supported by the Beni-Amer tribe.
- It describes the respect of the ordinary British soldier for the bravery of the Hadendoa warriors who fought the British army in the Sudan, Egypt and Eritrea.
- Their success emboldened the Hadendoa, who under the generalship of Osman Digna wiped out a smaller force of Egyptians under the command of Colonel Valentine Baker near the Red Sea port of Suakin.
- Their success also emboldened Osman Digna, whose Hadendoa tribesmen, the so-called " fuzzy-wuzzies ", joined the rebellion from their lands on the Red Sea coast.
- The British hoped that this defeat would deal a great blow to Osman Digna's prestige as well as weakening his forces, and that he would lose his hold over the Hadendoa.
- The Mahdists had roughly 10, 000 men, most of them belonging to Osman Digna's Hadendoa tribe ( known to British soldiers as " Fuzzy Wuzzies " for their unique hair ).
- Extensive anthropological research was done on Egyptian tribes in the late 1800s and a number of skulls of people of the Hadendoa tribe were taken to the Royal College of Surgeons to be measured and studied.