quassia meaning in Hindiquassia sentence in Hindi
- Quassia continues to be used in industrially produced medicines against intestinal parasites today.
- It can be extracted from the quassia tree, from which it gets its name.
- His doctoral thesis in 1775 examined medical use of quassin from the plant quassia amara.
- It has been grouped in the subtribe Simaroubina along with the " Simaba " and " Quassia " genera.
- One of his remedies was a bitter tea that he used to treat infections by intestinal parasites, this concoction was based on the plant Quassia amara which Carolus Linnaeus named after him, as the discoverer of its medicinal properties.
- handsome South American shrub or small tree having bright scarlet flowers and yielding a valuable fine-grained yellowish wood; yields the bitter drug quassia from its wood and bark
- a bitter compound used as an insecticide and tonic and vermifuge; extracted from the wood and bark of trees of the genera Quassia and Picrasma