• वैषम्य माप
|measure: माप मापक यंत्र|
|of: स् का की पर बाबत|
|skewness: तिरछाव तिर्यकता|
measure of skewness meaning in Hindimeasure of skewness sentence in Hindi
- In 1964 van Zwet proposed a series of axioms for ordering measures of skewness.
- These are analogous to the alternative measures of skewness that are not based on ordinary moments.
- Use of L-moments in place of moments provides a measure of skewness known as the L-skewness.
- Other names for this measure are Galton's measure of skewness, the Yule Kendall index and the quartile skewness,
- The parameter ? equals the difference between the distribution s mean and mode and can be viewed as unnormed measure of skewness.
- Other measures of skewness have been used, including simpler calculations suggested by Karl Pearson ( not to be confused with Pearson's moment coefficient of skewness, see above ).
- Like all measures of skewness, the medcouple is positive for distributions that are skewed to the right, negative for distributions skewed to the left, and zero for symmetrical distributions.
- These trimmed midranges are also of interest as descriptive statistics or as L-estimators of central location or skewness : differences of midsummaries, such as midhinge minus the median, give measures of skewness at different points in the tail.