marker horizon meaning in Hindimarker horizon sentence in Hindi
• चिह् न क संस्तर
• चिह्नक संस्तर
|marker: चिह्नक अंकक अंकन|
|horizon: क्षितिज सीमा आकाश|
- The eruption went through several stages, with six distinct marker horizons identified.
- The base of this marker horizon marks the formational change to the Ashdown Formation.
- The Top Ashdown Sandstone is the most persistent marker horizon in Early Cretaceous strata throughout the region.
- From the same series a ripple-marked quartzite and a speckled bed are used as marker horizons.
- Marker horizons of tephra are used as a dating tool in archaeology, since the dates of eruptions are generally well-established.
- The use of tephra layers, which bear their own unique chemistry and character, as temporal marker horizons in archaeological and geological sites is known as tephrochronology.
- Crag Gill consists of an exposure of late Namurian limestones, sandstones and shales that form a type locality of the Whitestone limestone, a marker horizon for Namurian stratigraphy.
- On a much smaller time scale, marker horizons may be created by sedimentologists and limnologists in order to measure deposition and erosion rates in a marsh or pond environment.
- As on the Moon, where ejecta from the better preserved basins was used to construct a stratigraphy, the ejecta from the Caloris Basin also can be used as a marker horizon.
- Stratigraphers and sedimentologists often use hardgrounds as marker horizons and as indicators of sedimentary hiatuses and flooding events ( F�rsich et al ., 1981, 1992; Pope and Read, 1997 ).