solecism in a sentence
pronunciation: [ [ 'sɔ lisizəm ] ]
- Please would somebody go through this vast list correcting the consistent solecism concerning baronets and knights.
- Time once again for the coveted Bloopie Awards, recognition of Madison Avenue solecisms that sends thrills of
- The Latin epistle contains many solecisms which originated with an author who lacked proficiency with Latin and Greek.
- Thank you, Jack, for pointing out my grammatical solecism, which I am happy to have corrected!
- It's a linguistic term analagous to a solecism, which no one seems to be wanting to delete.
- It's worth pointing out that the idea of a " British accent " is something of a solecism.
- And because coveted is most often married to any award, why not the covetedBloopie Awards for solecisms in advertising copy?
- The film follows Borat in his travels across the United States, as he commits cultural solecisms and exposes a few American ones.
- Urban graffiti, which include literary quotations, and low-quality inscriptions with misspellings and solecisms indicate casual literacy among non-elites.
- We begin the award of this year's coveted Bloopie Awards _ for outstandingly sloppy solecisms in advertising copy _ by holding our noses.