sluice in a sentence
pronunciation: [ [ slu:s ] ]
- Water levels are managed by the use of a sluice gate.
- The chief advantage of the hydraulic sluicing method was its cost.
- The 1891 canal extended the Columbia Canal upstream of Bull Sluice.
- In March 1988, the sluice control was computerised and automated.
- The hamlet is located on the land side of the sluice.
- Water flows in a rectangular channel that contains a sluice gate.
- At Billinghay Skirth, a small sluice connects the two waterways.
- Both the bridge and the sluice gates were constructed in 1906.
- In 2014, studio1.1 exhibited at Sluice in Brooklyn.
- He's seen crews of 20 paddlers sluicing through shallow flats.