raze in a sentence
pronunciation: [ [ reiz ] ]
- Fires spread quickly and sometimes raze hundreds of closely built houses.
- Wan Mohamed said within about 20 minutes the house was razed.
- In Lhasa, entire neighborhoods have been razed to the ground.
- The village was emptied of Palestinians and razed in October 1948.
- Hundreds of Maya Indian villages were razed during the early 1980s.
- The twister razed trailers and launched debris clear across the lake.
- Three Rivers is dust and rubble now, razed in February.
- In Vienna, authorities have never tried to raze the towers.
- The forces demolished three houses and razed citrus and olive groves.
- The deteriorated camp office was razed at that time as well.