overtaxation in a sentence
- Despite her stirring rhetoric, Griffitts, like many other Quakers of the period, was uneasy at the prospect of violence and supported a negotiated solution to overtaxation rather than outright revolution.
- Just as Napsterites use high CD prices to justify outright theft, the respondents to the poll used overtaxation to justify their dislike of paying what they owe as members of a civilized society.
- It is certain that he uses the name Abbreviators, but speaks as if they had existed before his time, and had, by overtaxation for their labour, caused much complaint and protest.
- :One hundred and fifty years before the current campaign setting, in 455 CY, the elves and human nobility of Sunndi rose up in revolt against Aerdy's overtaxation and harsh laws.
- The wizard Zocor, in one of the opera's few moments of comic relief, cautions against the overtaxation of the blood vessels, singing in merry 12 / 16 time the aria " With heart in hand ."
- One cent of every $ 10 doesn't sound like a lot, but it adds up to another $ 9 million-to-$ 11 million bite out of the bettors'bankrolls at a time when overtaxation is considered an industry demon.
- While anyone who resisted Magyarization was, indeed, subject to political and cultural handicaps, he was not subject to the kinds of civic and fiscal tricks ( prejudicial court proceedings, overtaxation, biased application of social and economic legislation ) that some of Hungary's neighbors often inflicted on their ethnic minorities.