oaken in a sentence
- In the annual Old Oaken Bucket rivalry game, Purdue defeated Indiana, 39 0, in West Lafayette.
- A cruciform of barrel vaults gently encloses the amazing remains of seagoing oaken ships, as well as Viking artifacts.
- The shepherds of this remote mountain settlement till the earth behind oaken plows and grind their corn between smooth stones.
- White reminisced of " drowsy afternoons " in its " great, rustling oaken silence ."
- The restaurant is spare, elegant, almost formal, with oaken raised-panel walls and a beamed ceiling.
- Pennsville also competes for the Old Oaken Bucket Trophy, a prize for the winner of Pennsville / Salem game.
- On top of an oaken chest is the Lord's great seal and some other pieces of plain silver.
- The main entrance is from a flight of eight steps leading to the oaken front door on the first floor.
- The oaken choir stalls with carved misericords and carved lattice work backs, however, are 15th-century survivals.
- The body was clothed and placed in an oaken coffin, with the head given a wreath of white roses.