moorhen in a sentence
- The Sinhalese word " kukkula ", which is used for both moorhen and watercock.
- Coots, moorhens and mallards breed on the lake, and it also supports amphibians and dragonflies.
- Various birds including little grebes, painted storks and purple moorhen can be spotted in this lake.
- This species is parasitised in the nest by the moorhen flea, " Dasypsyllus gallinulae ".
- It was very similar to the Gough moorhen of Gough Island, located 395 miles to the southeast.
- A handful of taxidermical specimens of the Tristan moorhen have been preserved, including one at Harvard University.
- During the months of February and March, purple-moorhens and openbill storks can be seen here.
- In 1956 eight Gough moorhens were released at Sandy Point on Tristan, and have subsequently colonised the island.
- They often live alongside birds in the same genus, such as the Tasmanian nativehen and the common moorhen.
- The "'Tristan moorhen "'and the Gough moorhen are two species of flightless rails.