manganate in a sentence
- Occasionally, potassium manganate and potassium " per " manganate are confused, but they are different compounds with distinctly different properties.
- Manganate ( VII ) and manganese ( II ) ions react together in a reverse disproportionation reaction to produce manganese ( III ) ions.
- Manganate ( VI ) salts can be produced by dissolving Mn compounds, such as manganese dioxide, in molten alkali while exposed to air.
- The chemical chameleon reaction shows the process in reverse, by reducing violet potassium permanganate first to green potassium manganate and eventually to brown manganese dioxide:
- Lithium manganate ( LMO ) particles were deposited on a carbon nanotube ( CNT ) sheet to create a CNT-LMO composite yarn for the cathode.
- The same is true in tetrahedral complexes ( e . g . manganate : distortion is very subtle because there is less stabilisation to be gained because the ligands are not pointing directly at the orbitals.
- This process, similar to that still used in the production of potassium permanganate, oxidized manganese dioxide to potassium manganate which, acidified by carbon dioxide absorbed from the air, oxidized further to purple potassium permanganate.
- This system has partially fallen out of use, but survives in the common names of many chemical compounds : the modern literature contains few references to " ferric chloride " ( instead calling it " iron ( III ) chloride " ), but names like " potassium permanganate " ( instead of " potassium manganate ( VII ) " ) and " sulfuric acid " abound.