joule heating in a sentence
- This section rapidly heats by Joule heating, and the increase in temperature quenches adjacent regions.
- This equation however neglects Joule heating, and ordinary thermal conductivity ( see full equations below ).
- Thus the Joule heating amplifies a change in temperature, an effect known as positive electrothermal feedback.
- The current flowing through the resistance of the metal heats it by Joule heating, causing significant power losses.
- This is known as negative electrothermal feedback, as the change in Joule heating opposes the change in temperature.
- There is an intimate relationship between Johnson Nyquist noise and Joule heating, explained by the fluctuation-dissipation theorem.
- Joule heating frequency is kept well above 20 kHz to avoid feedback response and to separate topological and thermal effects.
- This Joule heating reduces efficiency of iron-core transformers and electric motors and other devices that use changing magnetic fields.
- Further, application of strong electric fields leads to resistive heating ( Joule heating ) of the buffer in the capillary.
- The deflection signals are caused not only by sample topography, but also by the thermal expansion caused by Joule heating.