forward delivery in a sentence
- These transactions were similar to " forward delivery " contracts under which " commercial users " of a commodity contracted for future deliveries of that commodity at an agreed upon price.
- Airlines " may have inventories of cheap gasoline, and when they are worked down, they'll have to buy gas in the spot market, especially if they didn't buy enough for forward delivery ."
- The IPE's Windows-based system will allow traders to buy and sell gas for forward delivery to six entry points in the U . K . and is aimed at replacing the secretive over-the-counter spot market that has begun to emerge.
- The CEA always excluded " forward delivery " contracts under which, for example, a farmer might set today the price at which the farmer would deliver to a grain elevator or other buyer a certain number of bushels of wheat to be harvested next summer.
- Trading in the US began in the mid 19th century, when central grain markets were established and a marketplace was created for farmers to bring their commodities and sell them either for immediate delivery ( also called spot or cash market ) or for forward delivery.
- Similar to the existing statutory exclusion for " forward delivery " contracts, the 1989 " policy statement " on swaps had required that swaps covered by the " policy statement " be privately negotiated transactions between sophisticated parties covering ( or " hedging " ) risks arising from their business ( including investment and financing ) activities.