canting in a sentence
- A canting motto is one that contains word play.
- The presence of the harp makes these Canting arms.
- People below decks found themselves lost in the dark and rapidly canting hallways.
- This is a pun on the surname; an example of canting arms.
- These are canting arms and they are rooted in the village s history.
- This is called canting arms in heraldic terminology.
- European heraldry contains the technique of canting arms, which can be considered punning.
- Harman included a canting dictionary which was copied by Thomas Dekker and other writers.
- These are canting arms, referring as they do to the municipality s name.
- The canting for the vanished village of Birken, whose name meant birches.