gum benzoin meaning in Hindigum benzoin sentence in Hindi
- Gum benzoin contains significant amount of "'coniferyl alcohol "'and its esters.
- Later " an hsi hsiang " was applied to an East Indian substitute, gum benzoin from Sumatra.
- :" Gum Benzoin is a fragrant resin which comes to us from the sunny meadows of Sumatra, and is redolent with odors of the Spice Islands, and the mysterious virtues of tropical balms.
- Both described the free market and flourishing trade, which supplied Europe with gum benzoin, lac, musk ( " the first musk that has appeared in Europe from this part of the world . "-de Marini ) and other products.
- Anyway, phene is another name for benzene . " Phene " was a compound obtained from some illumination based process, while " benzene " was the result of decarboxylation of benzoic acid, which is named because it is the acid gotten from gum benzoin.
- But there are many substances in the Pharmacopoeia which are not only employed in medicine, but have other uses, such as sulphur, gum benzoin, tragacanth, gum arabic, ammonium carbonate, beeswax, oil of turpentine, linseed oil, and for these a commercial standard of purity as distinct from a medicinal one is needed, since the preparations used in medicine should be of the highest possible degree of purity obtainable, and this standard would be too high and too expensive for ordinary purposes.
- gum resin used especially in treating skin irritation
synonyms：, , ,