emodin meaning in Hindiemodin sentence in Hindi
- It is more potent and selective than emodin.
- Emodin derived from aloe showed both positive and negative results in vitro, but was negative in vivo.
- Emodin was mutagenic in the Salmonella / microsome assay, but gave inconsistent results in gene mutation assays.
- The chemicals primarily responsible for the laxative action are the hydroxyanthracene glycosides ( particularly D ), and emodin.
- "' Aloe emodin "'is an anthraquinone present in aloe latex, an exudate from the aloe plant.
- These act as stimulant laxatives, with the hydroanthracene glycosides stimulating peristalsis, and emodin exciting smooth muscle cells in the large intestine.
- Studies have shown that the extract from cascara bark also contains a substance called emodin, which may have anti-cancer effects.
- Emodin is also responsible for some of the laxative effect, due to its excitation of smooth muscle cells in the large intestine.
- Rhubarb contains anthraquinones including rhein, and emodin and their glycosides ( e . g . glucorhein ), which impart cathartic and laxative properties.
- The roots contain emodin and the seeds contain chrysarobin ( 1, 8-dihydroxy-3-methyl-9-anthrone ) and N-methylmorpholine.